I love lists! Without them, I'm not sure I'd ever get anything accomplished.
So about 1/3 of the way into the new year, I started thinking about what I've accomplished over my lifetime. Don't get me wrong, I've accomplished plenty and worked hard for it, but that said, I was still feeling like I had missed out on so much to date for one reason/excuse or another.
Every year, I'd tell myself I wanted to travel more, spend more time outdoors, be more adventurous, and simply enjoy things that make me vibrate with good feelings. Yet every year, I seem to fall short of these.
That's when I came up with the brainchild of an idea to start melding my business and life together more. Why not do all of the things that I keep saying I want to do and share them with you! And that's exactly what I've been doing little by little since April.
In April, I created this short term bucket list, or as my friend likes to call it, a "bliss list".
Just recently, I digitized it and updated it slightly. This list is definately fluid and I'm totally flexible with changing it as needed, but... it gives me something to work with.
As you can see from the digitized list above and the photos below, I've already accomplished some of the things on my list.
I got my paddleboard and I've been working on my balance and trying to practice yoga on it. I went to TreeGo, an adventure course where you zipline and work through obstacles all while many fee high up in the air and thankfully in a harness. I took my 17 year old son to Cuba and we had an amazing time.
You can expect to see blog posts about each of these things in the Travel & Adventure section of the website.
So here's the thing... Writing down goals and intentions is a very powerful practice. It concretely places the idea in your subconscious. My recommendation is to revisit your list often, and of course, you MUST take action steps to make things happen.
In all of the years that I've been making my goal lists, it's freaky how many of the items I've accomplished.
Here are some tips on creating your own bucket list:
- Be crystal clear on what it is you want. Oddly enough, if you focus on what you don't want, you'll actually end up with it. The mind works in funny ways sometimes.
- Focus on what you want as opposed to what you don't want
- Once your list is done, set action steps and deadlines for things you need to to make things happen
- Be flexible with yourself and your timelines. Getting discouraged will only set you back even further.
- Revisit your list often, either to keep it fresh in your mind or tweak it if needed.
- Just do it! Don't wait for the perfect moment, the perfect amount of money, your next raise/promotion, when the kids grow up, when you have the perfect partner to do things with, etc. Just don't wait... You are in control of your life and the great things that happen in it.
Personally, I can't wait to see what the rest of the next year will bring my way and what kind of adventure, big or small I'l embark on. I'm truly looking forward to sharing them with you.
What's on your bucket (bliss) list?
Leave a comment below and let me know how you add adventure into your life and share what's on your own bucket list! I can't wait to hear from you.