- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, cubed, roasted
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice or 1/5 cups cooked
- 1-2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste, kosher salt
- 2 tsp cumin ground, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 15 ounce black beans about 1.5-2 cups, drained and rinsed
- 4 large sprouted grain tortilla wraps
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking dish or sheet with tinfoil.
Peel and cube squash, place in dish and drizzle with olive oil.
Flip every 15 minutes. Roast chopped butternut squash for 45 minutes or until tender.
Cook brown rice according to package directions.
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, onion, and minced garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add in salt and seasonings and stir well.
Add chopped red pepper, black beans, and cooked rice and sauté for another 10 minutes over low heat.
When butternut squash is cooked, remove from oven and cool slightly.
Add 1.5 cups of the cooked butternut squash to the skillet and stir well. You can mash the squash with a fork if some pieces are too large.
Add bean/squash mixtures to tortilla along with desired toppings.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: avocado, salsa, spinach/lettuce, cilantro