Who Can Write a Blog Post on My Yoga Playground?
Anyone! We review all posts to make sure they are on the “up and up” prior to approving them. You can write about anything that’s related to living a better life (yoga, motivational, etc. The sky’s the limit!).
Your Article Title
- Make it relevant to what’s in your article
- Title should be no more than 70 characters in length
- Your title should grab the reader's attention Some ideas:
- _____ Ways to _____
- How To _______
- Secret to ______
- Here’s a great article on coming up with awesome headlines.
- Readers should know exactly what they are going to read about
- Look at other sites or other posts on MYP to get a general idea of what a good title looks like
- This is a great article on creating great headlines
Pictures speak 1000 words, even in written work. It’s important to have a good featured image for the article. Featured Images are Required Featured images should be 1200px by 628px and horizontal. Canva.com is a great tool to help you with image sizing. Please don’t add any wording to your featured image. MYP will take care of making sure it follows the site “look n’ feel”. MYP also reserves the right to use an image not provided by the blogger. You can also include images within your post for emphasis. If possible, images should be in .png format and file size should be small. You can use tinypng.com to shrink file sizes. It is best to use your own photos. If you are using images that are royalty-free, please list the source. Photo Guidelines
- It’s best if your photos are in landscape mode.
- Photos should be at least 900px wide
- It is best to use your own photos. If you are using images that are royalty-free, please list the source.
- Photos should be clear and relevant to the article at hand.
- Photos are encouraged, but use them to guide the reader and create interest.
Videos In Your Post
You are more than welcome to add video to your posts, but they must be your own videos. Videos are very popular and are known to attract more viewers than text alone. By posting these videos you give MYP full rights to use this video in any way they see fit for promotional purposes. We accept YouTube and Vimeo links. MYP reserves the right to request a copy of the actual video (not a link) if they need it.
What Should I Write About?
We accept anything that is health, wellness, fitness, yoga, motivational, or related to living your best life yet! It doesn’t have to be about yoga, but has to be relevant to living a better and more empowered life.
- How to Buy a Car? NO!
- 10 Ways I Learned to Live Debt Free? YES!
- 5 Tips on How to Wake Up Refreshed? YES!
- Best Yoga Retreats on a Budget? YES!
- 3 Self Massage Techniques Anyone Can Learn? YES!
- My 5 Favourite Yoga Tools? YES!
You get the point…. 🙂
Suggested Topic Categories
- Health & Wellness
- Self-help & Self Development
- Natural house & home
- Alternative Medicine & Healing
- Journey to self-discovery
- Outdoors, Nature
- Natural beauty
- Style & Fashion
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Mood disorders
- Mind & Soul (spirituality)
- Holistic Health & Healing
- Relationships & Love (partner, family, friends)
- Anatomy (yoga, fitness, health)
MYP has the right to reformat your article so that it follows the same “look n’ feel” of the company image (headlines, bolding, colour, images, etc.) Headings should be H1 format, sub-headings H2 format. Use bold and italics to draw the reader's attention, but sparingly.
Submit Your Article
Once you’re ready to submit your post, simply click on the “Submit Post" button. That’s it! You are now a blogger!
We try to get to submitted posts within 14 days. If you don’t hear from us within 14 days, chances are your article has not been approved. We will not contact anyone whose article was rejected, however, you are more than welcome to submit a new article after 14 days has passed.
Include a Bio
Please include a bio that is no more than 120 words in length. Also include links to your social media sites (personal if you are not an approved blogger or biz if you are). Make sure that your MYP profile has a headshot of you!
Check Your Writing Style!
- Article length should be between 300 and 700 words.
- Use your own voice. Don’t be all “stuffy” and “dry”, unless that’s your true voice. 😉
- Use headings to break things up and for relevance.
- Make it conversational and easy to read. Use “you’re” instead of “you are”, etc. Write like you’re talking to a friend (minus any profanity).
- Keep your sentences and paragraph short and to the point.
- Check your spelling and grammar! Articles polluted with spelling and grammar mistakes will not be approved.
- Write out numbers if they are can be written in two words or less (ie. one hundred, nine, etc). Never spell out numbers in titles.
- Italicize works such as names of videos, books, articles, movies, etc.
- Capitalize the first letter of each word in a title except for words like “for, and, the, or” etc.
- Only one space after periods, question marks, exclamation points, etc.
- If you are going to use an acronym (ie. MYP for My Yoga Playground), first use the full word with the acronym listed in parentheses.
- If you mention statistics, studies, or any claims, place a link to the source (see rule below for links). If you make a claim, back it up, tell us why.
- The first paragraph should tell the reader what the article is about.
- The last paragraph should summarize or provide some sort of close to the article.
- Limit the number of links in your post to 3, but do not hyperlink. Place your links in square brackets. ie. [https://myyogaplayground.com]
- Posts can’t be self-promotional (no links to your business, etc). We will provide an author bio with links to your biz page and social media sites.
Your Posts for MYP Must Be Original & Not Posted Elsewhere
We believe in originality and take plagiarism seriously. Make sure that what you are writing is yours and yours alone. Also, your post is not permitted to appear on any other websites, social media sites, etc. Your post becomes the property of Happy Warrior Inc. (owner of My Yoga Playground).
Sharing Your Post
Once your post is approved, share it to your heart’s content! Place links to your post on your site, social media sites, newsletters, etc. Any mention of the post, must bring the reader back to the My Yoga Playground website. Feel free to use “as featured on My Yoga Playground” on your own marketing material. Please check with us before using our logo.