Maple-Cinnamon Pear and Apple Baked Oatmeal
Servings: 6 people
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats gluten free if needed
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger dry ground
- 1/2 tsp sea salt fine grain (or other high quality salt)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened (or cow's milk)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup 100% pure
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- 1 pear peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat the oven to 375’F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture and stir to combine. Mix in the apples and pear.
Pour the oatmeal into the casserole dish and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the oatmeal is bubbly.
Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.