Quinoa Veggie Bowl with Orange-Maple Miso Dressing
Course: Main Course, Salads
Servings: 2 people
- 1 sweet potato cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil extra virgin, or coconut oil, melted
- sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup edamame frozen, shelled, thawed (peas are a good substitute)
- 1 medium carrots julienned
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup sprouts
Orange Miso Dressing
- 3 tbsp light miso it's okay to leave this out
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup orange juice fresh
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 400.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the sweet potato rounds on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle them with the oil.
Roast for 40 minutes flipping halfway through.
Cook 1 cup of quinoa with 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Follow package directions for cooking time.
In a blender, combine the miso, vinegar, sesame oil, tahini, orange juice, water and maple syrup and process until well combined. Set aside.
Divide the cooked quinoa evenly between 2 bowls and top with the roasted sweet potato rounds, edamame, carrots, green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, hemp seeds and sprouts.
Drizzle with Orange-Maple Miso Dressing.
OPTIONAL: 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp hemp seeds