Walnut, Avocado & Pear Salad with Marinated Portobello Caps & Red Onion
Course: Main Course, Salad
Servings: 2 people
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 5 oz / 142 g package mixed greens
- 2 pears peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 avocado pitted, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted
- balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp oilve oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp apple sauce unsweetened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt fine grain
- pepper to taste
Remove stems from the mushrooms and clean off with a damp paper towel.
Combine the mushroom caps with onion and half a batch of balsamic vinaigrette, toss to coat. Marinade the mushrooms for 30 minutes.
Heat a pan over medium heat, grill the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes each side, until tender.
Remove mushrooms from pan, slice and set aside until cool.
Combine the ingredients and drizzle with remaining balsamic vinaigrette.
Whisk ingredients together in a bowl or combine in a mason jar and shake.